GM Diet Plan Vegetarian Diet Chart: My Daily Meal Plan & Experience!
Like I mentioned in my previous post, I started with my GM Diet Plan yesterday. Today was the first day and it is supposed to be the hardest for many. On day 1 of the GM Diet you are only supposed to eat fruits. I love having fruits so this is still a bit easy for me. To prepare myself for the GM diet I made sure I had my favorite meals and dishes a day before so that I do not crave for them throughout the week. I also packed up on the calories to keep me going on Day 1 😀
GM Vegetarian Diet Plan: Day 1
To know more about the GM Diet and its meal plan check out my previous post.
My day starts at 11 am and ends at 3 am since I work late at nights. So I won’t be mentioning any timelines for my meals. Below is the GM vegetarian diet plan of Day 1
Breakfast: For my first meal of the day, I had 1 apple, 1 pear and a large serving of Sharda/ Canary Melon. Along with this I had a glass of water and I felt quite full. As the hours went on, the hunger pangs were back and I decided to have a mid morning snack
Mid Morning Snack: Since I became hungry in just 2 hours, I decided to have a bowl of pomegranate. This kept me going till lunch as I got busy with work and couldn’t think of food 😀
Lunch: For lunch, I had a bowl of watermelon, 1 apple along with a slice of melon. The meal made me quite full but I made sure to have a glass of water with it as well. By the evening, I was ravenous and was crazy with hunger. Since I was bored of the apple, pear, melon diet I was craving for a new fruit
Evening Snack: It is highly recommended to do some amount of exercise though, not strenuous, throughout the week. So before going for my walk I had fresh coconut water along with an apple.
Dinner: To end the day, I had half a papaya (oh, I’m a hungry giant) 2 mosambis/ Sweet Lime. I drank almost a liter of water a in a span of couple of hours to keep me satiated throughout the night.
My Experience with the GM Diet Plan!
I did feel some amount of dizziness when I went for my walk however it wasn’t that bad. The hunger pangs were definitely there and my mood dropped a bit by the evening as I was badly craving for samosas 😀 I feel the diet is very challenging for working professionals as you end up spending more energy than someone like me who works from home and also the temptations are far greater. Whenever I do a GM diet I avoid visiting the market so that I do not start craving for food and try to keep myself busy as much as possible.
GM Diet Tips!
1) For day 1, my first tip would be to buy a good variety of fruits. No matter how much you love eating a particular fruit you will most probably get bored of it in just a bite. I love apples but the sight of it made me mad today 😀
2) Keep yourself hydrated. Its very important to have a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water. This will not only keep your tummy full but will also provide energy and increase the metabolism. You are not allowed to have juices so having a regular intake of water is a bit challenging. For me, everytime I felt hungry I made sure I had water no matter what
3) If you visit a gym daily, then its best to skip it for the week. Strenuous exercises aren’t recommended as your intake of calories and carbs is low. However, the diet plan strongly recommends working out for atleast 10 minutes a day as this will help speed up the body’s metabolism and in shedding more pounds. I prefer walking for 30 minutes as it not only changes my mood but isn’t strenuous either since on day 1 you do feel a bit of weakness.
4) Do not weigh or measure yourself everyday. The last time I unsuccessfully did the GM diet plan I kept weighing myself everyday and the stagnant weight was a big de-motivator and was the biggest reason why I didn’t stick to it till the last day. Weigh yourself the first day and then only on the last day of the diet. Remember the law of attraction? So the more you worry about not losing weight through this diet, the tougher it will be for you. So this time I shall measure myself on day 7 and will update you guys on how much I lost!
5) Keep yourself busy as much as you can or have a movie marathon. The more idle you are the more hungry you are bound to feel. I will also suggest avoiding going out to cafes with friends or colleagues as you are bound to get tempted.
Day 1 of the GM diet was still easy for me. If you’re trying this for the first time, it might be brutal for you especially the hunger pangs. But hang in there as it only gets better. I’m dreading Day 2 as I hate veggies, especially boiled veggies and I plan to survive just on cucumber. Watch out for this space to know if I manage to continue with my GM diet tomorrow 🙂
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7