Top 12 Uses of rose water on Face, Eyes and Hair
The fragrance of a rose never fails to tantalize us and the idea of rose water, commonly known as Gulab Jal being made from fresh rose petals is even more attractive. Rose water can be made at home by boiling rose petals in distilled water or mineral water. However, if you are purchasing it from the market, make sure that it is organic and completely free from chemicals. The umpteen benefits of rose water for skin, face, hair and eyes makes it imperative for us to include it in our daily beauty regime. Today, we talk about how you can use rose water either alone or with other natural ingredients to treat various skin & hair issues.
Best Rise Water Uses for Face & Skin: Natural Home Remedies!
1) Face Cleanser: Natural Rose Water Uses for Face
You can use rose water as a natural cleanser. For this, take one table spoon of pure rose water and add a few drops of lemon juice in it. Apply the paste on your face and then wipe it off. Alternatively, you can also mix one cup of rose water with 2 drops of glycerin and 10 drops of rose essential oil to make the cleanser. The anti- inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties of rose water aids in reducing redness of the skin. It penetrates deep into the layers of the skin to clean it from dust and dirt and opens up clogged pores. Undoubtedly, it is the best cleanser for sensitive skin.
2) Natural Make Up Remover :Generally, we take more care when we apply makeup but not much when we remove it. It’s imperative to remove makeup gently and carefully without hurting the skin. Rosewater is the best home remedy to remove makeup. To use it, simply apply rosewater on a cotton pad and gently use it on the skin. You can also use coconut oil along with rose water to remove makeup. For this, you need to dampen the cotton pad with rose water and then put some coconut oil on it. It is safe to be used around the eye area. The mild astringent and anti-inflammatory properties of gulab jal make sure that makeup doesn’t irritate your skin.
3) Rose Water As a Face Toner: A good skin toner helps in tightening the skin pores it also keeps wrinkles away. To make a natural facial toner using rose water, you need two roses, 2 cups of boiling water, one strainer and one large sterilized glass .
- Rinse the rose petals and then separate those petals from rose. Put them in a small pan
- Pour two cups of boiling water over petals. After that, let the water cool down .
- Then, place the strainer over the sterilized glass container and pour the water into the container.
- Your toner is ready. Now store it in the refrigerator for about a week.
- Use it before moisturizing the skin.
5) Rose Body Mist: Best Uses of Rose Water for Skin
You can get rid of sun tan by simply spraying the chilled rose water on the affected areas. It can also be used to calm sun burnt skin.To use it, crush 20-25 basil leaves and add 200 ml of rose water to it. Store this mixture in the spray bottle in a refrigerator. You can spray it after coming home from sun. The anti- inflammatory properties of rose water calm the redness of the skin caused due to sun burn
6) Rose Water Face pack for Acne Prone Skin
Bid adieu to acne and scars by using rose water as a face pack. To make this face pack, mix lemon juice with gulab jal in equal quantities and apply it on the affected areas. Lemon, being rich in Vitamin C and citrus acid will help in lightening the acne scars and the anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties of rose water will keep acne causing bacteria at bay.
Top Uses of Rose Water for Hair
7) As a Shampoo:
To make a shampoo using rose water ,take ¼ cup of rose water and ¼ cup of rum, three eggs and vinegar. Start by beating the eggs in a bowl and then add trhe ose water and rum to it. Apply the mixture to your scalp. If you have a very oily scalp, leave this mixture for few minutes as vinegar will strip your scalp of excessive oil and will add shine to your hair. There are hardly any shampoos which deal with both oily and dry scalp, but rose water is an exception. Due to rose water’s mild astringent properties, It can be used on both hair types.
8) As a Leave In Conditioner
Hair regime is incomplete without the use of a conditioner. Hair conditioner nourishes your hair and controls dryness and frizz. Rose water can be used as an effective natural conditioner at home.To use it, mix one cup of rose water with 2 tsp of olive oil. Add 2 capsules of Vitamin E to the mix and store it in a spray bottle. Spritz the mixture on washed hair to condition and control dryness of the hair.
9) As a Hair Mask For Oily Hair:
Rose water and aloe vera gel make for an excellent hair pack for oily hair. For this, mix aloe vera gel and rose water in equal quantities and apply it on your scalp gently. Let the mask stay for an hour before rinsing it off. Both rose water and aloe vera gel control the production of excess oil well since the PH balance of the hair is close to that of rose water.
10) Rose Water Hair Mask for Dry and Frizzy Hair: Best Uses of Rose Water on Hair
The moisture in rose water makes it one of the best remedies to take care of dry and frizzy hair. To make this mask, just mix rose water and glycerin in equal quantities and apply the mixture in circular motion using cotton swabs. Let it stay for 15-20 minutes before washing it off with a shampoo. Do this for 3-4 times in a month for better results. Rosewater hydrates your hair follicles which not only puts an end to dry hair but also nourishes the follicles, making it strong . This is one of the best hair masks to keep dry and frizziness at bay.
12 Best Rose Water Uses for Eyes & Lips
11) As an eye drop
Rose water alone can work as an effective eye drop due to its medicinal and anti- inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties. To use it, simply put pure rose water into your eyes daily to get rid of inflammation, dirt and dust. The cooling sensation will also soothe and relax your eyes.
12) Rose Water as a Lip Pack
Rose water can restore the natural, pink color of your lips.To use it, cut a beet root into small pieces, let it dry in the sun and then powder it. Mix the beet root powder with one teaspoon of rose water. Your lip pack is ready. Now apply it 3-4 times in a week for better results. The coloring pigments ‘Betanin’ & ‘Vulgaxanthin’ in beetroot have an anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that aid in lightening the dark pigmentation on your lips.
These were some of the best uses and benefits of rose water. Tell us which one is your favorite.