How to remove sun tan from face, arms & legs quickly: Best Home Remedies!
Summer brings with it a host of problems, the worst being sun tan. For the people in the west, tanned skin is what they desire but when it comes to Indians, we totally hate it and search for numerous ways to remove the sun tan. While plenty of skin lightening treatments are offered by the salons but most of them involve skin bleaching which isn’t good for the skin. It’s always best rely on simple and natural methods to reduce tanned skin. Here are the top 10 home remedies to remove sun tan from the face, arms and legs. These natural remedies are safe, effective and perfect for all skin types.
10 Best Home Remedies to Remove Sun Tan Naturally & Quickly From Face, Arms & Legs
1) Baking Soda For Tan Removal
You can naturally remove sun tan by rubbing a baking soda paste on the tanned body parts like arms, legs, hands and feet. This acts an as an exfoliator and helps in skin lightening. To make this sun tan removal paste follow the simple steps mentioned below.
1. In a bowl, take 1-2 tbsp of baking soda. Add water and mix till you get a thick consistency
2. Rub it in circular motion over your body
3. Rinse it off with cold water and voila, you will see a considerable change in the tan.
4.Use this atleast 2-3 times a week for good results
2. Bengal Gram Flour and Turmeric Face Pack: Best Face Mask for Tan Removal
Turmeric can work wonders on your skin. It isn’t just a scrubbing agent, but also a natural bleaching agent. It helps restore the healthy glow of the skin. While bengal gram or besan exfoliates and removes deads cells.
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of milk, crushed orange peel, 2 tablespoons of gram flour, a pinch of turmeric into a bowl with cold rose water.
2. Apply all over the face and neck. Keep it on till it dries completely. This should take around 20 minutes.
3. Sprinkle water on the dried up areas in order to moisten it. Gently scrub the skin. This is most effective when applied once every two days.
3. Papaya and Honey Face Pack: Best Home Remedy To Remove Tanning From Face
This combo can not only work well as a suntan remover but also as a quick little snack. The enzymes present in papaya, mainly papain lightens the skin, removing tan as well as blemishes. This is also effective in exfoliation, restoration and skin renewal. Honey helps in moisturizing and softening the skin.
1. Take half a cup of papaya pulp in a bowl. Mash it well and add a tablespoon of honey to it. Mix well.
2. Apply the pack on the face till it dries. You may have to leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash with cold water once completely dry.
4. Cold Milk: Natural Ways To Remove Tanned Skin
Cold milk is beneficial for people with sensitive skin as the lactic acid in milk helps in soothing sun damaged skin. It is also great at skin lightening, reducing acne and marks. To effectively reduce sun tan with milk, use it daily before a bath.
1. Take 5 tablespoons or the required quantity of cold milk in a bowl. With a help of cotton pad dab it over your face, neck, arms and legs.
2. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes and wash off with cool water. If you want, you can even add honey to the cold milk as honey not only hydrates the skin but is effective at skin lightening.
5. Sugar and Olive Oil Scrub: Best Homemade Scrub For Removing Tan
It is believed that exfoliation is the best way to reduce tanned skin. So here is an easy body scrub that will make your skin soft, remove tan and brighten it. Sugar is an excellent cleanser and exfoliating agent, whereas olive oil will make your skin soft and smooth. So along with sun tan you will get rid of dead skin cells as well.
1. In a bowl, take 2 tablespoons of castor/powdered sugar and mix it with a few drops of olive oil. The paste should be slightly thick.
2. Gently rub the mixture over your legs and arms in a circular motion and rinse it off with water after 15 minutes.
6. Almond Oil: Best Way To Remove Sun tan From Body Naturally
Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E which helps in brightening the skin and is an effective home remedy to remove sun tan. The omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamin E will make your skin soft, brighter and even remove the blemishes.
1. Take 2 tablespoons of almond oil in a bowl.
2. With the of a help cotton ball rub the oil gently over your tanned skin and leave it
3. In the morning, you can wash it off with either gram flour (besan) or with a mild body wash.
7. Tomatoes: How to reduce tanned skin naturally
After spending a full day under the sun, tomatoes would be the quickest way to remove your sun tan. It contains lycopene that acts as a natural sunscreen and the antioxidants fade away tanning and restores beautiful skin.
1. Take a tomato and cut it into two halves. With the help of a blender, make a tomato pulp.
2. Apply the pulp all over your face, hands and legs and keep it for 15 minutes.
3. Wash it with cool water and repeat this twice a week for faster results.
8. Coconut Water- DIY Tan Removal Remedy
During the summers, you should make coconut water your best friend. Besides drinking it, you can even use it as a sun tan removal method. Coconut water brightens the skin and removes the toxins as well. If you have oily skin, then this is the best natural remedy to remove sun tan from the body and face.
1. Take coconut water in a bowl.
2. With a help of cotton pads, apply coconut water for 20-30 minutes over your tanned body parts.
3. Wash it off with cool water. You will notice your that skin looks brighter and softer
9. Aloe Vera Gel: Best Home Remedy To Remove Sun Tan From Face
If you have any skin problems, then aloe vera is the best medicine. You can read about the benefits of aloe vera for the skin & hair here. It has healing properties and removes skin blemishes. This amazing ingredient is also very effective at de-tanning the skin. For good results, you can even apply it overnight.
1. Take aloe vera gel and just rub it over the affected areas for 15-20 minutes.
2. For better results you can add cucumber juice an honey to the aloe vera gel and apply the mixture the tanned skin for 15 minutes.
3. This is also great for cooling sun burnt skin.
10. The Potato Paste: Remove Sun Tan Quickly
Do you love your french fries? Try them for removing sun tan from your body. We don’t mean literally but use the key ingredient, potato to remove your sun tan easily. Potato has a natural bleaching effect and is great for tanned skin. If making the paste is a long task, then you can even rub raw potatoes on your body and remove sun tan.
1. Cut potato into two halves and blend it in a blender.
2. Add lemon juice to the paste
3.Apply this mixture over your tanned skin for 20 minutes.
4. Rinse with lukewarm water.
We hope our quick and easy sun tan removal remedies help you in effectively removing sun tan at home. If you have any more tan removal ideas do share it with us, we would love to see it in the comments below
Contributed by Priya Jha