DIY: Green Tea Face Mask & Benefits!
Today, I will give you an interesting natural face mask recipe to try out using green tea. Most of us are well aware of the health benefits of green tea. But green tea also has numerous beauty benefits which makes it perfect to be used in a face mask. This can be easily prepared at home using everyday kitchen ingredients and your face will look brighter, clearer and radiant after this. Let’s see how to make this green tea face mask for acne and clear skin.
Natural Face Masks: Green Tea Face Mask Recipe & DIY
Ingredients Required for Green Tea Mask
* 1 green tea bag or 1 spoon of green tea powder
* Rice flour – 1 teaspoon
* Milk – 1 teaspoon
* Honey – 1 teaspoon
* Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Method To Make Green Tea & Honey Face Mask At Home
1) Brew a cup of green tea as usual with the tea bag or powder. We only need the extract, so drink up the tea. Cut open the tea bags and collect the green tea extract.
2) Add a teaspoon of rice flour to it. If you don’t have rice flour, you can just take half a cup
of uncooked rice grains and grind it into a fine powder. Store it in an airtight jar for future use.
3) Make a paste of the above using raw milk.
4) Add a teaspoon of organic honey to the mix.
5) Squeeze out the juice of a fresh lemon add 1 tsp of it to the mix.
6) The final consistency should be medium, not too thick nor too thin. If its too thin, the pack will drip down your face creating a big mess and if its too thick, it becomes difficult to spread it evenly and apply. Depending on the consistency, add more milk or rice flour as required.
Voila! Your DIY green tea face mask for acne is now ready!
How to use this natural face mask:
* First, wash your face using a mild cleanser to remove all the dirt and impurities. Face masks should always be applied on a clean face.
* Take a brush, dip it in the mix and apply a thick layer all over your face and neck. If you
are going to use your hands to apply, make sure you wash and sanitize your hands before
* Dip two cotton pads in rose water and keep over your eyes and relax for 20 minutes
listening to your favorite music.
* Its better to avoid talking or avoid facial movement when you have applied a mask, as the movement can cause creases in the mask which may develop into wrinkles.
* Don’t let the mask dry up too much, as that might lead to breakouts in sensitive skin.
* After 20 minutes, remove the cotton pads and wash off the mask by gently scrubbing
your face. Pat dry.
* Follow up with a toner and a light moisturizer.
Ta-Da! All done!
Green Tea Benefits!
Green Tea is rich in antioxidants and catechins which help to reverse sun damage and has amazing anti-aging benefits. It reactivates and heals damaged cells and also inhibits enzymes which breakdown collagen and elastin, thus restoring skin’s suppleness. Green tea for skin is very beneficial as it also has anti-inflammatory properties which soothes redness and acne scars.
Rice Flour Benefits
Rice flour brightens and improves the skin complexion and is a great exfoliant. It scrubs off dead cells, blackheads and also controls oil effectively, giving a fresher look. It can help to reduce tan and treat pigmentation and blemishes.
Raw Milk Benefits
Raw Milk is rich in alpha-hydroxy acids, lactic acid and vitamins which nourishes and repairs tissues from deep within, giving smooth and soft skin.
Honey & Lemon Benefits
Honey has anti-bacterial properties which helps in prevention of acne. It moisturizes, soothes and rejuvenates dry, dull skin giving a soft glow. Lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent which helps to lighten dark spots, blemishes and even out skin tone.
With so many beauty benefits, what are you waiting for? Try out this easy all natural green tea face mask this weekend and do share your experiences in the comments below.
Guest Post By Archana