Tips To Protect Your Hair & Skin In Holi
Holi is just round the corner and I must say its personally one of my favorite festivals that I enjoy the most . Aptly described as a carnival of colors, this festival involves drenching everyone in colored powder, paste and water. However, that also comes with a host of skin, hair, nail and eye problems which may last up to two weeks. To help protect your skin and hair this Holi, Dr Sirisha Singh, the founding member and Medical Director of The Skin Center, guides you to a fuss-free Holi with minimal damage.
Skin Care & Hair Care Tips For Holi!
- Apply moisturizer generously all over your body to protect your skin this holi from harsh colours
- Apply coconut or olive oil through your hair to prevent damage from the harsh colors.
- Apply a thick coat of nail paint and extend the nail paint to the adjacent skin to prevent the colors from settling in.
- Apply a rather thick coat of sunscreen as the sun is usually harsh with a high UV index this time of the year.
- Wear full sleeved tops and pants to cover up as much skin as possible and reduce skin exposure.
Also Read: What Is Shea Butter. Its Uses & Benefits
How To Protect You Skin During Holi
- Nowadays, organic colors are a welcome trend, so try and stick to them.
- Keep drinking plenty of water or clear fluids to keep yourself and your skin hydrated.
- Alcohol has a dehydrating effect on the body, so try and moderate your alcohol intake to the minimum.
- Wash off the colors at the slightest hint of an itch to minimize the severity and extent of a rash.
Also Read: Natural Beauty Tips & Secrets from an Indian Gradma
Post Holi Care & Tips: How To Get Rid Of Holi Stains
- Brush off all the excess color from your body and hair immediately after you stop playing.
- Remove the nail paint before taking a shower.
- Immediately take a bath with lukewarm water using a mild shampoo as well as a gentle face and body cleanser.
- If the colors do not come away easily, apply generous amount of cleansing milk all over the body, wait for 3-5 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Make sure to use a good conditioner on the lower half of the hair length immediately after shampooing.
- After the bath, apply a generous amount of skin healing cream or a soft moisturizer all over your body to help the skin heal.
- Also, use a copious amount of hand cream formula or oil to avoid any roughness on your hands.
- Consult a dermatologist if a rash appears and persists.
Follow these simple DIY Skincare & Hair Care Tips for Holi. Hope you all have a safe, happy and hassle-free Holi with your family and friends.
Also Read: Home Remedies For Glowing Skin
About Dr Sirisha Singh
Dr Sirisha Singh, the founding member and partner consultant of The Skin Center, is highly qualified with 8 years of work experience in the United Kingdom. Dr Sirisha Singh is a well known name in the Dermatology and academic circles and keeps in touch continuously with all the latest trends in anti-ageing medicine and Dermatology by regularly attending and presenting in conferences.