Gifts To Ask Your Brother This Raksha Bandhan: Affordable Gift Ideas!
I remember being 6 years old and my best friend lived next door. She had a five month old cutie patootie for a brother and I used to adore the little boy like crazy. Friends being friends, she hated me cuddling her brother and we always ended up fighting over me coochie cooing her brother. I once told my mom, why can’t I have a brother of my own, then I can tie him a rakhi on Raksha Bandhan and he would shower me with gifts. God does really listen to little girls and three years later I had a tiny little brother of my own and on his first Rakhi, he massacred the rakhi I tied him.
Oh how we fight. Anyone who has a brother will know the struggles of being a sister. The scratching and the biting, the punches and the kicks. But once the fight is done and dusted, the care with which we bandage each other’s’ wounds is something that is just a part of sibling love. So this Rakhi, I decided to honor the bond between brothers and sisters and share some gifts that we sisters would love to get. So here are some Raksha Bandhan gift ideas to demand your doting brother this year! And brothers, if you are on the lookout for the *it* gift to get your sister this year, then start taking notes!
Raksha Bandhan Gift Ideas: What To Ask Your Brother This Year!
Us beauty bloggers you know!! We love to get makeup…like literally all you have to do is have a wallet full of cash and let us loose in a huge makeup store, say Sephora 😛 So girls, this year ask your baby bro or even the elder one to take you makeup shopping to lighten his wallet.
2) Clothes: Girls, isn’t the best gift that a brother can give his sister is to take her to a mall and say, shop till you drop Sis, the bills are on me :D. I’m sure that would be a dream come true for every girl. So this Raksha Bandhan demand your brother to take you out for shopping and go buy all those dresses you’ve been yearning for.
3) A day out at a spa: Which girl does not like to get pampered and have a soothing relaxing spa day. Asking your brother for that much needed spa you’ve been planning could make the perfect Rakshan Bandhan Gift!. Guys, these days spas offer gift cards that you can buy and gift, that would give your sister the freedom to pick and choose what she would love to have. She will thank you for eternity for the one memorable day. We recommend the Quan Spa, New Delhi or Alaya Spa+ Salon
4) Jewellery: Girls love accessorizing and we love getting some pretty baubles as gifts! Jewellery always works as a foolproof gift for a female. For those brothers earning big bucks, don’t hesitate to splurge on your sister. Diamonds, Platinum, Gold, all work equally well. And for those who love their sisters but with slightly empty pockets, you could go for Swarovski crystal studded jewellery for a unique touch. Or why not gift her a subscription to the Zotiqq Jewellery Box? Now, I would want something like that from my bro! 🙂
6) Bags: If you go to a college or office, you could always do with a new handbag, right?. But boys will be boys and the chances are that a vague ‘ I want a new handbag’ might get you a style that you might not like. So surf the net, pick out the bags you like and forward it to them. Brothers always like it when you make their job easier, all they have to do is hit checkout 🙂
5) Chocolates: We eat chocolates when we are happy and we certainly devour them when feeling low. No matter the occasion, we love receiving chocolates so you might as well demand your brother to gift you your favorite brand of chocolatesss.Or how about a whole hamper full of this sinful dessert.
7) Soft Toys: Girls always love these cuddly soft creatures to cuddle with at night. So if you have a young sister, then a big adorable teddy is bound to make her happy. So young girls, who can’t exactly demand jewellery, makeup etc get your bro to get you these squishy cubs which you will love forever.
8) Gift vouchers: The very best gift is the gift of choice. Guys, could seek out your sister’s favorite shopping store and gift her a voucher to that store. It could be a store that she frequents at the mall or an online site that she shops from most often. Nowadays most stores offer gift vouchers so you could easily get her one.
9) Last but not the least – Cash: Hard cash is always the go to if you really cannot come up with ideas of what to gift your sister. This way she could do as she pleases with the money and buy what she needs the most.
So whether you’re a brother hoping to get some clue as to what you could get your sister or you’re a sister hankering after something to ask from your brother, hope our list of Raksha Bandhan gift ideas gives you an inspiration.
Here is wishing you a very happy Raksha Bandhan well in advance 🙂
Guest Post By Mia