Best 5 Homemade Anti Tan Packs For Removal of Sun Tan Naturally
With summer under full swing, getting tanned is one of the major drawbacks of the season. While in the west, people actually spend the summer on the beach to get a tan, we in India literally do everything possible to get rid of the tan. Every beauty salon uses certain chemical methods to get rid of sun tan and if you wish to undergo the process do remember that it involves some really difficult chemicals or bleaching that might break you out or damage the skin’s texture. Removing sun tan at home using natural ingredients is the safest and the best option. So here are some natural and effective homemade face masks for tan removal.
Homemade Face Packs For Tan Removal: 5 Best Anti Tan Face Masks!
Tomato, Yogurt and Lemon Juice Face Pack – (best for normal to combination skin)
- Squash the tomato and take out 2 tbsp of pulp from it.
- In a bowl, squeeze out 1tbsp lemon juice and mix it with 1 ½ tbsp. of yoghurt. Make sure there is no lump in the yoghurt and the consistency is medium (neither too thin nor too thick).
- Add the tomato pulp in the previous mixture and mix it very well so that the mixture is even
- Apply with a face pack brush and leave it on for 20-30 mins and wash off with cold water.
- Pat the skin dry.
Benefits Of Tomato, Yoghurt & Lemon Anti Tan Face Mask: Tomato improves the skin tone naturally by making it even and eliminating pigmentation. It is a natural toner that helps to shrink open pores and reduce oiliness of the skin. Yoghurt is known to replenish the skin with moisture and natural hydration without the greasy feel. It also combats the visible signs of ageing and acts as a bleaching agent without damaging the texture of the skin. It is one of the best natural ingredient for removing sun tan making this a very effective homemade face pack for tan removal.
Besan (Bengal Gram Flour) and Turmeric Face Pack – (for all skin types)
- Take a raw turmeric and grind it to form a paste with the help of water.
- In a bowl, add 2 tbsp. of besan (gramflour) and 1 tbsp. of the turmeric paste.
- Mix it thoroughly adding one tablespoon of water at a time to form a thick face pack.
- Leave it on for 20- 30 mins and wash off with cold water
Benefits of besan and haldi tan removal face mask: Besan has numerous properties that helps in skin care. It is like a natural cleanser which removes all impurities and deeply cleanses the pores along with tightening it. This effective ingredient also helps to lighten the tan and aids in eradicating sudden hyper breakouts during the summer. Turmeric adds a natural glow to the skin and also helps in reducing pigmentation and tan. It treats acne and the scars left behind after break outs making it a great homemade face pack for acne prone skin.
Also Read: Best Face Masks For Oily Skin in India
Aloe Vera, Masoor Dal (Red Lentil) and Potato Face Pack (for combination to oily skin)
- Take 1 medium sized potato and grind it to form a paste.
- Soak masoor dal (red lentil) for about an hour and then with the help of water, form a paste
- Mix in the aloe vera gel. It is best to use raw aloe vera gel from plant, otherwise, use 1 tbsp. of artificial aloe vera
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until it forms a good consistency. Apply and leave it on for 30 mins and wash off with cold water.
Benefits of Aloe Vera, Masoor Dal & Potato Brightening Face Mask: Aloe Vera soothes sun burn and protects the skin against allergies to a large extent. It is the best moisturizer for oily skin and work wonders on your skin by reducing acne and clearing the blemishes. Masoor dal is a very effective ingredient at removing sun tan. It exfoliates and being protein rich reduces tanning and unwanted hair growth. Potato is loaded with vitamins and an age old ingredient for skin lightening. It is effective in treating sun burns, stubborn blemishes and pigmentation on skin making this as one of the best homemade face masks for removing sun tan.
Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti), Rose Water and Orange Peel Powder (for oily to very oily skin)
- In a bowl, add 1 tsbp. each of Multani mitti and Orange Peel Powder. Mix the dry ingredients well.
- Slowly add rose water to get the consistency of a face pack.
- Apply with a face pack brush and leave it on for 30-40 mins or until the pack dries.
Benefits Of Multani Mitti, Rose Water & Orange Peel Powder Fairness Pack: Fuller’s Earth or Multani Mitti is the best ingredient for oily skin. It removes every layer of greasiness from the face and cleanses it. It also helps in removing dark discolorations, pigmentation and keeps the acne at bay. Rose water helps to maintain the skin’s pH balance, controls excess oil,has certain antibacterial properties which heal the scars and acts as a natural toner. And since oranges are rich in Vitamin C, its peel powder has certain benefits too. It lightens the skin tone adding a fresh glow that lasts throughout the day. It also unclogs the pores and treats acne. This is one of the most effective fairness masks that reduces tan and brightens the skin.
Also Read: Best Homemade Face Masks For Glowing Skin
Saffron, Milk and Fresh Cream Face Pack (for dry skin)
- In a clean bowl, add 3 tbsp of milk and add 3-4 strands of saffron. Let it soak for around 20 minutes
- Now after the mentioned time, take a clean spoon and mash the saffron to dilute with the milk. The milk will now be an orangish sort of a color.
- Take 1 tbsp of fresh cream and add to the previous mixture.
- Apply for atleast 20 minutes and wash off with cold water.
Benefits of Saffron, Milk & Cream Face Pack For Dry Skin: Saffron used to be the secret behind radiant and glowing skin of the queens. The anti-fungal properties of saffron makes it a great ingredient for the treatment of acne, pigmentation and blackheads. Milk and fresh cream are both excellent for dry skin and moisturizes it thoroughly. Milk soothes sunburn with the help of anti-inflammatory and skin-repairing properties. This is the perfect tan removal face pack for dry skin.
Don’t try all the face masks for tan removal together but religiously follow any single method every alternative day or so and see the difference it makes to your skin. It might take some time depending on the skin’s texture hence regular usage is the key. Now here is some more information on sun damage and tanning.
How does the skin get tanned?
Cells in the human body that are called melanocytes produces melanin that gives color to our skin. When we are exposed to the sun rays for a longer duration of time, the skin, as a defense mechanism produces extra melanin that protects the deeper layer. Thus, with higher concentration of melanin the skin looks darker if you are warm toned and red if you are cool toned.
Also Read: DIY: Green Tea Face Mask & Benefits
Harmful effects of sun damage
Sun damage causes tanning which can lead to hyper pigmentation and dark spots for all skin types which is not very easy to remove in the long run. For oily skin, the first sign of damaged skin can be redness and breakouts. Sun damage also leads to premature fine lines and wrinkles. Most importantly, it can lead to skin cancer due to overexposure to UV rays.
Its always best to incorporate a good sunscreen in your skincare regimen. Here are the best sunscreens for face and the best sunscreen lotions for the body which prevent tanning. You must apply adequate amount of sunscreen 30 minutes prior to going out in the sun for proper protection.
Do let us know if you try any of these effective homemade and natural face masks for tan removal and your experience with it.
Contributed by Sanchita