Indo Western Outfit Inspirations: Dresses, Gowns & More!
Indo Western Outfit Inspirations For Weddings & Parties: Dresses, Gowns & Sarees!
We Indians are known for our big fat weddings. Weddings are serious business here and everyone from our aunts to even the maid gets excited about it and starts planning their outfits like its the end of the world. When it comes to getting dressed up, it is always a matter of personal choice but choices are also influenced by in vogue trends. These days Indo-western outfiits are setting the ramp on fire and are fast becoming the first choice for sangeets, cocktail parties, weddings etc. Indo Western dresses refer to any outfit which is quintessential Indian yet very western in approach. It can be noticed in fabric, stitch, motif or structure. Enjoy these designs and get inspired for creating something really unique for yourself.
Top 10 Indo Western Outfits, Dresses & Gowns
1) This black and beige indo western dress is so simple yet so edgy. The black sleeveless top is worn with flared black trousers and sheer golden skirt is stitched in a wrap around manner. You could easily DIY it, if you have a pretty dupatta handy. The half skirt and half trouser is a trend catching up quickly in India.
2) We Indians love donning sarees for any special occasion we get to celebrate. So if you’re looking forward to wearing a saree try this indo western fusion which is so gracefully done! I love love love the gold stud detailing on the shoulder and this look can also be achieved very easily. All you need is a gold shimmery fabric draped around the waist and shoulder like a saree.
Also Read: Wedding Hairstyles For Long Hair
3) This indo western outfit inspiration is just so perfect for weddings and parties. Wear it for a cocktail party or a wedding reception and you will definitely be grabbing all the attention. This is a lovely dress with perfect combination of sophistication and glamour. BTW, those Louboutins, oh my lord!
4) When it comes to indo-western dresses, Sonam Kapoor is a pro. I love this particular dress because of its cape. Seriously, Saree with a cape. How can one be so innovative and it is no wonder that this style has been trending in parties these days. Now don’t just layer your western outfits, get out your lace capes for your sarees too.
5) This fun dress by Masaba Gupta would not only add a chic element in your wardrobe but it is also going to be very comfortable. Combination of a hot pink dhoti with Masaba’s signature print white jacket is subtle yet chic. It’s a beautiful fusion and I love the play of coral with the print.
Also Read: Latest Mehendi Designs For Hands
Indo Western Outfit & Dresses For Weddings!
6) Indian silhouette with trousers and sheer voluminous drape. Well fitted printed trousers give the embellished dress a very balanced look. A pee-ka-boo type skin show with the crop cum maxi top is quite unique.
7) Pee-ka-boo has always been the go to way for Indian women. Whether it’s a deep cut blouse or a sheer saree but this outfit is perfect to hide to the flab yet looking equally gorgeous. It has the most interesting drapes which camouflages the bulges and the multi-colored jacket beautifully breaks the montony of black.
8) Good Lord! I can’t express satisfactorily what I feel about this dress.The corset style fuchsia gown with fitted ankle length dhoti pants is so western yet very ethnic. So pair up your dhoti pants with a beautiful embellished corset for a sangeet night or a cocktail party and watch heads turn.
9) If you are someone who likes to stay away from heavy, blazing, lustrous outfits then this indo western outfit is perfect for you. Ethnic weave and subtle color with contemporary patterns. Not only you would be most comfortable person of the evening, you would also grab fair share of admiration for your peculiar sense of dressing. And for this all you need is a pair of silk leggings, a saree and some innovative draping.
Also Read: Bridal Makeup Trousseau Must Haves
10) We only need red and bling to get into the festive mode. The outfit- a short choli with quarter sleeves, embellished churidaar with a sheer sequenced skirt and dupatta gives a desi girl vibe. You can create this design yourself or hop on to Payal Singhal’s store.
So those were out top 10 Indo Western Outfit & Dress Inspirations for the wedding season. Do let us know your favorites in the comments.
Guest Post By Mohebat