Men’s Formal Wear Tips: How To Dress Up For First Day in Office
Hey you lovely people!!! Today’s post is a bit different than our usual beauty and makeup write-ups, but with the same intentions of helping you look your best. Then, what is the difference?? Girls, this time we are focusing on the man in your life – your husband, father, brother, boy-friend or your best friend. Yes, even they deserve to look good, right!!! 😉
It all started when my husband changed his job recently. Unlike me, who would have already shopped some ten new outfits for the first week of the job, my man did not even think about a revamp. I saved the day by hurriedly ordering some formal wear for him. So if you too are wondering what to wear for the first day in office, then don’t worry. We got you covered!
So, the writer in me decided to pen about it and give some pointers to get your man ready for the important first day of his new job. Here are the top mens formal wear tips to help the man in your life looking spick and span in no time!
Men’s Formal Wear Tips: What To Wear To Office On Your First Day!
- First and foremost, be clear about the dress code followed in the new company. A tie could be or not be a part of the formal attire. Also, if you are joining on a Friday, it may be a casual dressing day. So, do your homework and be clear as to what is expected.
- Formal wear inadvertently means a sleek trouser. Pay attention to the fit and the length. I would suggest a slim fit and a flat front. The cuff of the trouser should barely rest on the shoe and there should be no fold in the fabric.
- Choose a solid color trouser like navy, dark gray and even black.
- A good formal shirt will make or mar your outfit. Even if you are wearing your best trouser, no one will care to notice it if your shirt looks cheap or unimpressive. A crisp, white collared shirt is the rock star of formal wear. But, please do not wear it with a black trouser. However, I do love light blue and even striped shirts. If you pair with solid trousers, a shirt with mild stripes will not look out of the place.
- The shirt should be well-fitted and not look sloppy. The cuff buttons and the gauntlet button (one few inches up the sleeve) should be buttoned up properly. And so do the collar button, if your shirt has one.
- Do not wear a crew neck undershirt if the top button of the shirt is unbuttoned. Wear a V-neck vest instead.
- Avoid transparent or even translucent shirts, especially for the first day at office. Nobody is interested in any internal details.
- Patterns paired with solid not only look stylish but very office-appropriate. So, if you are wearing a solid shirt, a slightly textured or patterned trouser looks interesting. Or if you want to play it safe, go for solid pants and a demure patterned shirt.
- Wear only black or brown formal shoes. And match the color of the belt with the color of the shoes. Do not wear a fancy or a casual belt.
- Do not pull a Michael Jackson and wear white socks. Always match the color of the socks with the color of your trousers.
- Show your adventurous side through the tie you are wearing. Try different patterns, but no bright colors or bold prints.
- Invest in a good office/ laptop bag. Do not carry a cheap back pack or cross sling bag. Afterall, You are not a student anymore.
- And lastly, wear your attitude.
So, ladies go and dress your men in the finest way possible. 🙂 Do share your best tips for mens formal wear dressing at the office , if any in the comments section below!
Guest Post By Himani