10 Easy & Cute Hair Bun Style Tutorials for the Summers
Summer has to be the most unpleasant season of the year. Sweat, dust, grime and pollution literally make our lives miserable. Leaving our hair all open and flowing in such a condition is the last thing one would want to do. Now, chopping off the hair length every summers isn’t an option most of us would consider. So what’s the solution? Boring tied up bun hairstyle? Well, you can forget the boring part as hair buns are back in style and there are various chic ways in which you can tie up your hair and rock it with flair. So here are 10 easy summer bun hairstyle tutorials which will not only keep your hair in place but will also look super chic. Click on the images for enlarged pictures.
10 Easy & Cute Summer Bun Hairstyle Tutorials
The Big Braided Bun Tutorial
Braids or buns might sound like an ancient hairstyle but when combined together, you get a classy chic updo which can be a total savior for the scorching summer. Follow this step by step tutorial to make the The Big Braided Bun.
Easy Bun Hairstyles For Summer: The Big Braided Bun Tutorial
- Side part the hair and make a french braid from the side portion.
- Keep braiding the side section and bring it towards to back of your head following the curve.
- Finish off the braid and secure it with a tight rubber band.
- Now, loosen the upper portion of the braid by stretching it ever so slightly to give a voluminous look.
- Tie the rest of the hair slightly on the side and secure it with a tight rubber band.
- Next, put a hair donut on top of it.
- Tease the hair a bit and simply roll the hair by folding the donut band and secure it with bobby pins.
- Take the end of the braid created in step 4 and tug it in the bun for the classy The Big Braided Bun look.
The 2 minute Low Braided Bun Tutorial: Easy Bun Hairstyle For Summers
We all have those days when we wake up far too late and have to do everything – from makeup to hair in just 5 mins. Well, this classy low bun hairstyle is exactly what you need to do for those running late days. It is easy-peasy and only needs 2 minutes
- Comb the hair properly to remove any tangles
- Gather all the hair into a low ponytail and secure it with a rubber band but make sure you don’t make it super tight.
- Now, divide the hair into two sections and put a finger in the middle of it. Pull the ponytail through the division just created (sort of like a loop).
- Stretch the hair to adjust and tighten a bit.
- Do it three four times to give a layered texture.
- Whatever portion of the ponytail is left, simply braid it.
- Wrap and roll the braid into the style we created in step 5.
- Secure it with a bobby pin and you are good to go.
Easy Summer Hairstyles: Big Voluminous Bun Tutorial
Who doesn’t like voluminous hair? If only it was as easy as it is yearning for it. However, you can still fake a super easy voluminous bun without much effort. Here’s how you can make a big voluminous bun in summers.
- Comb and gather all the hair. Tie it up a ponytail.
- Put a hair donut on top of the rubber band.
- Comb the hair again to ensure that there are no knots.
- With one hand, take out a slight section of the hair and with the other hand, wrap the rest of the hair around the hair donut/sock band which would create the volume.
- Once rest of the hair is wrapped, take the left over section and roll it slightly with your fingers and wrap it around the bun to secure it with a bobby pin.
- Use a few more bobby pins to secure the top portion of the bun.
- Pull the hair slightly from the back and crown area to give a fluffy teased look.
Micro-Braided Side Bun Tutorial: Easy Summer Hair Bun
Micro braids give a voluminous yet layered look to the hair and also keep it away from the face. When combined with a side bun, it looks classy and stylish especially for formal occasions. And the best part? This is a super easy summer bun to make.
- Part your hair to the side and make two-three very thin braids from the top of the head leaning sideways. Gather all the remaining hair, including the braids and tie a side swept ponytail.
- Now, again make two-three braids taking few sections of the hair from the ponytail and secure their ends with rubber bands.
- Take the entire bunch of hair including the braids and roll it into a bun.
- Secure the bun with bobby pins.
Also Read: Cute Box Braid Hairstyles + How to make them
Knot Bun- Cute Bun Tutorial for Summers
This is a very easy and cute bun hairstyle for summers involving only a few simple knots. This hairstyle also adds good volume to the hair and hardly takes 5 minutes. Perfect for office or a brunch date.
- Comb the hair well to untangle the knots
- Starting from the back portion, divide the hair into two sections.
- Now, simply make a regular knot (the way you knot a ribbon or lace).
- Leave the lower portion and wrap the other one around the knot and secure with a clip/bobby pin.
- Now, take the lower portion and again wrap it around with the existing bun and secure with a clip/bobby pin.
- Voila! Your Knot Bun is ready.
Braided Top Knot Tutorial- Easy Summer Hairstyles
This is one of the coolest bun hairstyles that effectively keeps the hair in place even in summers. The bun works well with medium to long hair length and is very easy to do.
- Flip down the hair and comb. Take three sections for braiding.
- With those three sections, start French braiding from the lowermost layer.
- Once you have moved up to the nape area, gather rest of the hair to a ponytail and secure with a rubber band.
- Now, take a sock bun or hair donut and tuck the end of the ponytail, holding the ponytail above.
- Roll down the donut band towards the crown area to form a bun.
- Finally secure it with few bobby pins and your stylish braided top knot is ready to flaunt.
Easy Fishtail Bun Tutorial
Fishtail braids keep on trending year after year as it makes the hair look amazing. The best part about fishtail braids is that it is done well on 3rd or 4th day hair when it is slightly dirty or oily.
- Comb the hair properly to ensure that there are no knots.
- Take two sections each from above the ear portion.
- Now cross both the sections ie left section to the right and right to the left
- Repeat the step until you have reached the end of the nape area.
- Now secure it with a tight rubber band
- With the remaining hair of the ponytail, start the fish tail braid again till the end of the hair.
- Again secure the end of the second fish tail braid with a tight rubber band.
- Now, simply roll up the second fish tail braid sideways in the form of a bun and use bobby pins to secure it. And the easy summer fishtail bun is complete.
Also Read: Best Wedding Hairstyles for Long Hair
Easy Bow Bun Tutorial: Cute Bun Hairstyles Perfect For Summers
Well if it isn’t already obvious, we love our bows and who says bows are for little girls? This chic bow bun will shut all of them haters and you can create it with a handful of steps.
- Comb and gather all the hair into a high ponytail and secure with a rubber band.
- Now, take the last loop and leave out the end of the hair, put it on the top of the head.
- With a slight pressure divide the hair in the middle.
- Now, with the left over section of the hair, wrap it around the parting to make it look like a bow.
- Now, secure the end with a tight bobby pin and your cute bow bun is ready
Easy Messy Bun Tutorial for Summers 2016
Messy bun is our favorite go-to hairstyle. Be it at home, casual party or a simple day out, messy buns can be paired with each and every outfit for every day of the week. Its casual, chic and anyone can do it.
- Simply entangle the hair with your fingers. No need to use the comb for getting the messy look. Gather all the hair together and hold it straight up above the head.
- Now keep twisting the hair along the length while holding it straight up above the head.
- Once done, hold the hair around the crown area with one hand and roll the twisted hair into a bun.
- Secure the bun and loose ends with bobby pins or any clip of your choice. The easy messy bun is complete.
Three Braid-Bun Tutorial: Easy Summer Hairstyles
This is another perfect yet easy bun hairstyle for summer. This boho hairstyle looks amazing and goes really well with summer dresses and maxi skirts.
- Take a teasing comb and tease the crown area for some volume.
- Divide the section into three parts and simply braid it till the end and secure with the rubber band.
- Take the center one and roll it up into a bun, secure with a bobby pin.
- Roll up the other two braid in in the same fashion and secure it again with a bobby pin.
- And you’re done with ultra-chic three braid-bun
Also Read: Best Wedding Hairstyles For Short & Fine Hair 2016
So those were the 10 pretty, cute and easy bun hairstyles for summers for all types of hair- be it short or long, thick or fine. So ladies, say no to boring hairstyles this summer and chic it up! You’re welcome!
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11